Here's a look at Kate at around a half-a-year old.
(as I write this, Kate's almost 7 months... close enough~)
- She is half-rolling, half-scooting around the room. Which necessitates a thorough floor check when we set her down so she doesn't choke on random keychains that might be lurking on the floor. (we had our first chocking scare this week).
- She is a good kisser! It is obvious that she loves to be kissed- I hope that isn't foreshadowing for her teenage years.
- Lately you can see some serious expression on her face when I leave the room and when I come into view... she loves me :)
- She adjusted well to baby food so far- she seems to like it all!
- She doesn't love her car-seat all that well, she sleeps much better in her crib. Goes to bed around 8:30 and wakes up around 5 for a drink, then we snuggle and sleep together til 7:30ish. She's always been a good sleeper. She does short naps and has to nurse to sleep most of the time, but we feel rested!
- In the past week, she went from tolerating the jumper to, like wanting to marry it. She gets so giggly and energetic in that now that she fits just right and figured out how much fun it is to jump!
- She loves her sister Abby! I don't know how she can get away with all the roughhousing she does with her, but Kate is almost always happy to see her big sister. And, her dad- she gets all jumpy when he smiles at her.
It seems like we've had Kate for longer than 6 months- I'm excited for all the time we have with her ahead of us. We love her to pieces!