2 things that are guaranteed to help my day go smoother: 1-read scriptures in the morning 2- write down a to-do list.
Here's mine and Abby's for today:
1) Shower- this is a big day for us. It doesn't happen as often as it should, but when it does I just let Abby play at the bottom and we get clean together. She has a blast splashing and chatting as we go.
2) Breakfast- (Abby) make sure mom has to chase me around with the oatmeal spoon since she refuses to get a real high chair until we move into the new house. (Jenn) clean up oatmeal mess.
3) (Jenn) Text cleaning girls and call clients for upcoming jobs.
4) (Abby) Pull out at least 23 things from the kitchen cabinets.
5) (Jenn) Put Abby down for a nap. (Abby) pull an all-morning-er (like an all-nighter, but for the morning nap) and play with monkey in crib instead.
6) (Jenn) Put together a basketful of things to take to Urban Renewal. ...We have a bunch of home-decor and clothing that's still "in" but just won't work at our new house. So, hopefully we'll get some good cash from it :) Last time I brought in a ton of stuff left-over from a joint yard sale and let's just say it was definitely worth the trip! ... Try to clean up the house a little.
7) Get Abby out of crib and try to be content with the little that got done during her "nap".
8) (Abby) Bang on everything in the bathroom and try to make as big of a masterpiece (mess) as possible.
9) Get in the car. (wow- who thought getting in the car could possibly be an accomplishment? It just is at this stage!)
10) (Jenn) Go to Kwal and get glaze and paint for a couple little projects at our new house! I've heard their paint is worth the little more it costs than Home Depot stuff, but is it really?
11) (Jenn) Maybe change mind about the Kwal stuff once I see the price and just go to with good old Glidden after-all.
12) Dr's office to get Abby's 6-month-shots. Yes, she is practically a year, but she had a cold the last 2 appointments and who wants to make a trip over there just to make you baby cry really hard? :( Somehow it has slipped to last priority on my daily list for the last 3 months.) We're doing it today though!
13) (Abby) Don't forget to breathe through my nose in a really cute, fast way. It's so fun! Mom and Dad think it's adorable.
14) Drop things off at Urban Renewal.
15) 3:53 pm- Swap cars with Daddy in front of his office. His turn for babysitting!
16) (Jenn) Go to work.
17) (Abby) Make sure daddy plays with me the whole time he's in charge, and then go down like a good girl for the night around 7 so that he doesn't get too exhausted to do it all over again tomorrow.
That's what we're up to today! Hope you have a good one!
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Monday, November 7, 2011
Here are a couple last pictures from my time up visiting my family. My computer broke while I've been up here, so this my be the last post for a little while. Hopefully not, but we're pretty sure our little HP is not going to accompany me on any blog posts from here on out.
|Messy girl. |
She leaves a trail wherever she goes. (usually composed of soggy, ripped pieces of paper. )
|Snow on Autumn leaves.|
|pink sleepover :)|
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
|little geisha girl|
|My dad got this outfit for her before she was born in Thailand. I accidentally|
cut off her little bun in this pic(I scored and found an Asian
Barbie at DI) -- that was the cutest part of the costume.
|She got such a bad cold that night, poor girl. I always hesitate to wear|
costume makeup and every time I put it on, I hate it. Yuck.
|We were visiting my parents in Salt Lake since Josh was gone, so here is|
Mr. and Mrs. Vampire with my little geisha.
|Grandpa Debenham's Masterpieces. |
& one little masterpiece made by me :)
Halloween is a big deal at the Debenham House- They play creepy music so loud the whole neighborhood can hear; they get huge candy (we had over 200 trick-or-treaters this year) ... oh, but they only give it to the people that are dressed up. Teenagers with a sweatshirt and a pillowcase get a baby tootsie roll. He he :)